Payroll Officer job vacancy
Posted: 8th June, 2020
Reporting to: Payroll Manager
Work location: Liverpool
Managing staff responsibility: No
Main job objective:
We’re looking for experienced Payroll Officer with a minimum of 2 years’ previous payroll experience to join our busy, vibrant team in Liverpool. As an outsourced payroll bureau team member, you’ll be allocated various client sites, and be responsible for the full range of payroll duties for each of these.
The role’s extremely diverse and no two days are ever the same which promotes deep job satisfaction. It’s a fast-paced environment so you must be capable of juggling a varied workload, achieving deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy too.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including competitive salary and range of appealing benefits such as annual bonus scheme. Our regular, confidential staff surveys show that we’re a supportive, forward-thinking firm who recognises rewards and supports all employees. We’re also committed to our ongoing corporate social responsibility programme which has led to thousands of pounds being donated to charity and earned us the esteemed accolade ‘Employer of the Year 2016’ by the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
List of main duties:
- Full responsibility for multiple allocated client’s payroll whether they are monthly or weekly paid
- To ensure all payrolls are run on time
- To maintain accurate records for all employees/clients
- To produce payslips and payroll analyses
- To produce NI and Inland Revenue reports
- To run month end and year end procedures
- To monitor clients' specific requirements
- To build and maintain relationships with clients, liaising with them regularly
- To provide cover for colleagues in their absence
- To assist in the training of other members on the team
- Any other reasonable requests from your line manager
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Payroll Officer with knowledge of Auto Enrolment
- Experience of working within a payroll bureau environment
- Fully up to date with all payroll rules and regulations i.e. SSP, SMP, SPP, attachment of earnings
- Ability to manually calculate tax and NI
- Adaptable to different payroll software; BrightPay payroll experience desirable
- Experience desirable on the following pension systems: The People’s Pension, Nest, Now, Creative, Smart and Aviva
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with creating, importing and uploading CSV files
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment and pay close attention to detail
- Competent to work on your own and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Highly organised and ability to plan own workload
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Ability to build strong relationship with clients and team members
How will you benefit from working at Quill?
- We provide a warm, friendly workplace with great opportunities for career progression.
- As part of our remuneration package, salaries are benchmarked against our competency scales to ensure that everyone is rewarded fairly for the work they undertake and skills they possess. Salaries are reviewed annually against these competency scales.
- We offer 23 days holiday per annum – this increases to 27 based on length of service, pro-rata.
- We provide a 5% employer pension contribution.
- Working hours of 37.5 hours per week – between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm – with up to an hour’s unpaid lunch.
- All employees are eligible for our annual bonus scheme which is linked to individual and overall company performance.
- Active social committee, charity fundraising group with regular activities and nights out.
- Client and staff introduction bonus where you’re awarded financially for introducing either new clients or new staff members to us.
- Length of service, Christmas and birthday awards.
- Career path with professional subscriptions and qualifications.
- Paid-for Christmas night out and ongoing team incentives.
- Cycle to work, travel loan and car park schemes.
- Buy and sell holidays facility.
- Free tea, coffee.
- 1* Best Companies and MS Society 'employer of the year' recognition.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to the Quill Recruitment Team at Castle Quay, Manchester, M15 4NJ or email.