Senior Payroll Officer job vacancy
Posted: 26th May, 2020
Main job objective:
To ensure we deliver the very best and commercially cost-effective payroll service to our clients while remaining compliant to all payroll-related rules and regulations. To give guidance, training and support to the team with processing of our outsourced payroll service. To provide cover for the Payroll Operations Manager ensuring standards of customer care are maintained and delivered at a high level. You will be an escalation point for queries in relation to the payroll service and client escalation point when the Payroll Operations Manager is unavailable. You'll also proactively support the Payroll Operations Manager, payroll clients and the team as a senior member of the department. You'll be expected to contribute to the development of the department and services available at operation level. Occasionally on site client visits may be required.
List of main duties:
- Be a point of escalation for Payroll Officers and clients in the Payroll Operations Managers absence. Dealing with complex and delicate situations in an effective manner taking into consideration the clients’ needs and expectations while being conscious of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Have an allocation of clients for the day to day administration of client payrolls to include RTI submissions, BACS, monthly and end of year reporting.
- Ensuring that the team hit their KPIs each day and provide support and guidance where necessary.
- To assist with the setting of departmental objectives from the company strategy.
- Support Payroll Operations Manager in providing training to the payroll team to ensure self and team are fully up to date on all payroll / pensions rules and regulations.
- Attend management meetings wherever necessary.
- To provide support to the payroll manager to ensure that payroll is completed accurately and on time.
- Support the payroll team; this will include checking their work and cover as and when required.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and senior managers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Confident individual who can think clearly under pressure.
- Comfortable interacting (communicating) at all levels.
- A natural leader in terms of interacting with front-line teams.
- Logical thinker and professional manner.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent interpersonal and assertive skills.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A thorough and up to date working knowledge and understanding of payroll and pension legislation.
- Professionally qualified or part qualified (CIPP or equivalent).
- Ideally experienced in service, software and or legal sector.
- Motivated self-starter and capable of working unsupervised.
- Commercial aptitude to support business growth.
- Bright Pay experience desirable.
How will you benefit from working at Quill?
- We provide a warm, friendly workplace with great opportunities for career progression.
- As part of our remuneration package, salaries are benchmarked against our competency scales to ensure that everyone is rewarded fairly for the work they undertake and skills they possess. Salaries are reviewed annually against these competency scales.
- We offer 23 days holiday per annum – this increases to 27 based on length of service, pro-rata.
- We provide a 5% employer pension contribution.
- Working hours of 37.5 hours per week – between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm – with up to an hour’s unpaid lunch.
- All employees are eligible for our annual bonus scheme which is linked to individual and overall company performance.
- Active social committee, charity fundraising group with regular activities and nights out.
- Client and staff introduction bonus where you’re awarded financially for introducing either new clients or new staff members to us.
- Length of service, Christmas and birthday awards.
- Career path with professional subscriptions and qualifications.
- Paid-for Christmas night out and ongoing team incentives.
- Cycle to work, travel loan and car park schemes.
- Buy and sell holidays facility.
- Free tea, coffee.
- 1* Best Companies and MS Society 'employer of the year' recognition.
To apply, please forward your CV to the Quill Recruitment Team at Castle Quay, Manchester, M15 4NJ or email.
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.